Monday, May 21, 2007

A sampling of samplers

Ooh, I haven't blogged for over a week? So what have I been up to? Well, I finished the Passion des croix freebie sampler:



Then on Friday night, I picked out another chart and made a start....stitching with 1 strand, I was able to complete this one by Sunday morning. I do really enjoy working with 1 strand, and these samplers give me the chance to do that, and to use up some smaller pieces of fabric. The aida is much more yellow than it looks in the pic, and the thread is DMC 312.



Although I vowed I'd wait to choose a third, I picked out one more last night and am about to start on grey aida, using DMC 3802 (purpley red). This time, the chart is an oval shape, featuring boats. All of these designs can be found at:

http://passiondescroix.com/passiondescroix/composition/grillesdecompositions.htm

I am also still plodding along with Red Velvet, and will post a pic when I am up to date :)

3 comments:

Jacky said...

You've certainly been using your time well when you weren't blogging Jo - they look wonderful !!

Lycka är ~ Onnea on said...

You have been busy stitching :) Looks lovely!
And thanks for the link to the site, there are lots of nice designs. Would be nice to try one when I get the stitchbug. Would be nice to stitch with only one colour all design.

Sue said...

Well you certainly have been busy. Love the heart design. Simple yet stunning. checked out the link and there are some beautiful designs. even though it is a french site it does not matter when it comes to stitching.

Sue