Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Something 'fishy' about this sock....

I finally plucked up the courage to try my hand at sock knitting - only to find that knitting on 5 needles is not as hard as it looks - in fact, it's a doddle so far!! Okay, I still have to get to the heel yet, but I'll worry about that when I come to it. The yarn is 'Opal Rainforest - 'Fish'. I am taking part in a sockalong at Stitch Clubs, and it just so happens that Angel Yarns are also including Opal Rainforest in a current sockalong. My family will probably be relieved, something different than scarves this year for Christmas ;)

4 comments:

Jacky said...

That'sa brilliant, Jo - and I hadn't realised there was a sockalong hoted at Stitchclubs - I'd better start reading more!! Wonder if I dare add another to my list??

Johanna said...

Jacky - the speed I know you get through knitting those socks, I'm sure you can fit in a sockalong ;)

It was Ann's suggestion - she is still hoping to join in, but Rosina and I are definitely in, if you do decide to join us!!

Jacky said...

you know how hard I find it to say no, Jo!

andi said...

On #5 needles??? I can't get the hang of knitting period. I am so jealous.

The sock looks great.