Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A sunny Wednesday.....

...and I'm inside stitching. What another beautiful day it is here in Devon. Not a bit of breeze, I could probably take my stitching outside quite safely - but then I couldn't spread everything out and have my laptop easily at hand!! LOL

A couple of updates - I made some more progress on Cinderella last night for UFO Tuesday:

I have found a home for her when she is finished - she will go to a group called Cuddle Cushions - who are making cushions for children in an Australian hospital.

And I have an updated pic of Kindness - not as far along as I'd like to be, but still hopeful that it will be finished this week. I pulled out the purple centres of the motifs to replace with a bright yellow..which will also be used for the wording:

When this is done, I have another stitchalong lined up (surprise, surprise!! LOL) - myself and some of the girls at 1-2-3 Stitch will be working on various Passion des croix - starting May 1st.

5 comments:

Marita said...

Cinderella looks great Jo. You are making my fingers itch to get started on my disney princess patterns.

I love Kindness, it is going to look stunning when it is finished.

Johanna said...

Thanks Leechy - I am almost finished on Kindness now, have just two lines of writing to complete, might have a finish pic by tomorrow.

Hope you get to work on the Disney princesses soon, if you can stop yourself agreeing to finish stuff fo other people!! LOL

Jacky said...

They're looking good, Jo - keep up the good work; have you decided on which design you're doing for the next SAL, yet?

Johanna said...

Thanks Jacky - very close to a finish today, will post a pic later all being well.

I have narrowed it down to 2 on the next stitchalong....the September one by Amandine Jebrode - or the 2nd one on the page, by Caroline. Didn't pick out colours yet though, but want something that doesn't involve pink, black, red or yellow...I need a change!! LOL

claire said...

I just love the disney princess designs, I stitched Sleeping Beauty for Eilidh, at the time I intended doing the whole set, but they are so time consuming lol. I really admire all the charity stitching you are doing
Claire x