Friday, April 27, 2007

Sweet Success!

I had a busy day yesterday - after realising I hadn't sent my part on an exchange on Swap-bot, I go to work on 6 crochet squares - 3 each for 2 partners. When those were done, having also realised the deadline was near for the Gingerbread House, I got to work on a few little pieces....the wrapped sweet was knitted some months ago, but yesterday I knitted the little flower, and the cupcake from the patterns provided - and after a little searching online, found patterns for a liquorice roll, and an iced chocolate bun...which is my favourite piece so far, love how that turned out. Having emailed the project co-ordinator, I found these are due by the end of May, so I have about 5 weeks to get a few more sweet treats made up - they really are a lot of fun!

Today it is back to my Red Velvet - coming along slowly but surely, the 'I' is taking shape. And in preparation for a sockalong, I ordered a sock kit from Angel Yarns - I chose a Petticoat Cotton...the kit contains the yarn, pattern, needles, and 2 hand-made stitch markers....really looking forward to it - I have put it off for so long as I have never used double pointed needles before, let alone 4 or 5 of them!! But it will be a fun challenge, look forward to sharing progress on my very first sock soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести фильмы
для сайта johannauk.blogspot.com