Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

Seems like AGES since I last blogged, and it's only been a little over a week. My sister is visiting from Uni so I haven't had much chance to get online recently. My sister and Mum are visiting family in Somerset today, so with an empty house, I should get plenty of time for catching up today. Thought I would begin by updating with some of my recent stitching....

First up is an updated pic of 'Kindness' - the pic is very dark, will make sure to get one in better light next time!!



Sylvia of SOLAK and FTS mentioned that we were getting low on logos to be used in the cards that are sent out with each quilt - we jumped in and got busy, should be good for a few months now. Below are the two that I stitched:



I also made some progress on 'Oriental Beauty' - I am loving this piece more and more while I work on her, the colours are so perfect for spring, especially now the sun is shining!



And last but not least - I made a start on the 'Red Velvet Inscription Sampler' - I have stitched most of the first motif since this picture was taken, and will update before moving on to the next one.



If you want to join our stitchalong at Stitch Clubs, we are aiming to stitch one motif each week.

Well, I am going to make the most of my 'freedom', and hopefully get in plenty of stitching...then I thought I would surprise my sister with some of her favourite snack...little raisin-fairy cakes, and of course I will have to sample one when they are finished baking, just to check they are okay....

If I don't get back on before hand....have a lovely Easter weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Jacky said...

Wow, you've been busy, Jo! Some lovely stitching, thanks for sharing ;)
I'll try and catch up with the Red Velvet this weekend. Happy Easter
xx